Areas of expertise
- International Political Economy
- International Economics
- International Relations
- Economic Development
- Public Policy
Political Economy, Poverty reduction, Social Capital,Corporate Social Responsibility, International Political Economy,Development Issues in Southeast Asia,Political Economy of Indonesia and Malaysia,Public Policy,International Trade,Human Development and Education Policy,Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) development in Indonesia and Southeast Asia, Global Trade and Sustainable Development.
Arisman Currently is Executive Director of Center for Southeast Asian Studies(CSEAS) and Senior Lecturer at The State Islamic University(UIN), Jakarta, Indonesia. His current research projects include assessment of ASEAN Economic Community 2015, SMEs development in Southeast Asia, China-ASEAN Free Trade Agreement, Poverty and Social Entrepeneurship in Southeast Asia, Education Policy in ASEAN Countries, Labour Migration across ASEAN.
His academic journey both undergraduate and postgraduate in National University of Malaysia, University of Indonesia and University of Science Malaysia in International Relations, Public Policy and Development Economics. He has 15 years experience in education sectors and training center industry including 5 years held position as Director for International Program Faculty Economics The State Islamic University (UIN) Jakarta, Deputy Director for International Office UIN Jakarta for 3 years, and Acting Director for International Program at Faculty Social and Political Sciences UIN Jakarta for 2 years.
Teaching and research supervision positions in universities in Indonesia including The State Islamic University(UIN) Jakarta, University of Indonesia, University Paramadina, and University of Indonusa Esa Unggul, and foreign University : Prince Songkhla University, Thailand, Western Sydney University, Australia, and The Northern University of Malaysia.
Visiting Fellow at ASEAN Focus Group (Strategic Advisory Consultant), Sydney, Australia and National Board for The Duke of Edinburgh’s Award International Association for Indonesia Chapter.
Consultant for Intel Corp and Microsoft for program Partner in Learning(PIL) to improve the quality of teacher in Indonesia through ICT Skills. Senior Researcher for KPPOD (Komite Pemantau pelaksanaan Otonomi Daerah) in Indonesia, review the implementation of regional autonomy in Indonesia and Editor for several books and writing an articles in Journal and National Magazine.
Awards and Grants
- Endeavour Award Scholarship, Fellowship Program for 3 months at University of Western Sydney, AUSAID (March – June 2008 )
- Ministry of Education Republic of Indonesia Award Scholarship for Outstanding Researcher, 2010
- Jakarta Local Government Award for the best 15 Research Project, 2012
- Redefining Redefining The Role of Supermarket Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) in the context of no plastic bag campaign in Malaysia, Irina Safitri Zen, Arisman, Achmad Thahja, Journal of Sustainability Science and Management (index by scopus), Universiti Malaysia Terengganu, December 2016.
- The Potential of Sustainability Science Approach for Multi-Level Marine Governance : A Case Study of Wakatobi National Park, Irina Safitri Zen, Cheryl Rita Kaur and Arisman, Proceeding Asian International
- Symposium : The Contemporary Maritime Security Issues in the Asian Region : Challenges for Peace, Stability and Sustainability, September 2016
- Youth and Asean Community Survey, 2016
- Youth and SDGs Survey, 2016
- The Readiness of Small Medium Enterprise in Batam, Bintan, Karimun towards Asean Community 2015, 2015.
- The Impact of CAFTA ( China ASEAN Free Trade Area) to Small Medium Enterprise in Indonesia : Case Study of Toys Industry, Journal of Foreign Policy, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, RI, 2013
- Brand Perception of International Class in Jakarta, Research Center UIN Jakarta, 2011
- Survey on Confidence level consumer and industry for Halal Logo, Ministry of Religious Affairs Republic Indonesia, 2011
- Perception and understanding of Islamic University on Concept of World Class University, Reesearch Center UIN Jakarta, 2009
- Perception of Moslem Youth in Southeast Asia for Democracy, Human Rights and Gender Issues, CSEAS, 2009
- Islamic Education in Southeast Asia, Research Center UIN Jakarta, 2009
- Contemporary issues on Zakat : Theory and Practice, Indonesia and Malaysia experience in zakat management, 2008, as Editor
- Sharia Marketing : Business Principles Based on Islamic Values by Hermawan Kartajaya (MarkPlus& Co) as Translator and Editor, 2006
- Journal PSPK (Pusat Studi Pengembangan Kawasan/Center for Regional Development Studies), 8th Edition 2006, Quo Vadis Oil Pricing Policy in Indonesia
- Journal Etikonomi FEIS UIN Jakarta, Vol.3 No.3 2004, Political Economy Review on Privatization Policy in Indonesia
- Journal Etikonomi FEIS UIN Jakarta, Vol 1, No.1 Desember 2002 “ Impact of developing Palm Oil Industry in Indonesia to Indonesian Economy (Input-Ouput Models Approach)
- Perda Review Report, KPPOD Team, supported by PEG-USAID (presented at Seminar, Implementation UU No. 34 Tahun 2000 and its implication to business environment, Hotel Horison Bekasi
- KPPOD News Magazine, April Edition,2002, “Welfare achievement in regional autonomy era through energy utilization
- Journal University of Paramadina, Vol.2 No.1, September 2002, “Policy Analysis : Indonesian Crude Palm Oil (CPO) Competitiveness”